Check if you are eligible for the Sassa CSG 240 top-up by applying for the Sassa CSG R480 Child grant increase to R720. An announcement was made recently about the Caregiver Child Support Grant Top up by the South African Social Security Agency.
Who Qualifies For The Child Support Grant Top-Up?
Despite its name, the Child Support Grant Top-Up cannot be considered a new grant, according to Minister Zulu.According to her, a Cabinet-approved policy from 2015 enabled the addition of R240 to the standard R480.
Having this policy in place enables me to introduce the higher value top-up to child support grants for orphans as Minister of Social Development. On 01 June 2022, I introduced the Child Support Grant Top-Up with the approval of the Minister of Finance.
As a supplement to the standard Child Support Grant of R480, a Top-Up of R240 is provided. Child Support Grant Top-Ups of R720 per child per month may only be applied for and received by relatives caring for orphaned children,” the minister said.
How to apply for Child Support Grant
SASSA offices offer the Child Support Grant Top-Up to caregivers of orphans so that they can apply for the grant.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- South African citizens, permanent residents, and refugees must provide primary care.
- Applicants and their children must both reside in South Africa.
- In order to be considered for the position, the applicant must be the primary caregiver of the child or children.
- Under 18 years of age is required for the child/children
- In addition to meeting the means test requirements, the applicant’s spouse must also do so.
- Non-biological children cannot be applied for by more than six applicants.
- There is no facility in which the child can be cared for by the state.