Most SASSA grants are paid at the beginning of each month. This means payments typically start around the 1st and are completed within the first week. However, specific grant types may have different payment schedules.
|Amount (February 2024)
|Older Persons Grant
|02nd February 2024
|R2090. / R2110
|05th February 2024
|Child Support Grant
|06th February 2024
|23rd – 29th February 2024
SASSA Payment Eligibility 2024
The requirements for qualifying for SASSA grants differ based on the particular program that interests you. However, here’s a general overview:
- Be a South African citizen, permanent resident, or refugee with a valid ID document.
- Meet the specific income threshold for the grant you’re applying for. Income is assessed through a means test, and the limits vary depending on the grant and your marital status.
- Not be receiving another SASSA social grant (except for the Foster Child Grant in some cases).
- Not be residing in a state institution (prison, elderly home, etc.).
Specific Grant Eligibility:
- Older Persons Grant: Be 60 years old or older and not receiving another pension.
- Disability Grant: Have a permanent disability that limits your ability to work.
- Child Support Grant: Care for a child under 18 years old and meet the income threshold.
- Foster Child Grant: Care for a foster child placed with you by a social worker.
- Care Dependency Grant: Care for someone who is unable to care for themselves due to illness or disability.
- War Veterans Grant: Be a South African war veteran and meet the specific criteria based on your rank and service.
- R350 SRD Grant: This grant is currently closed for new applications, but eligibility was based on unemployment,not receiving other social grants, and meeting the means test.
How to apply for SASSA Grant?
General Online Application Steps:
- Identify your desired grant: Visit the SASSA website (https://www.gov.za/about-government/contact-directory/soe/south-african-social-security-agency-SASSA) and explore the “Grants” section to find the grant that best suits your needs.
- Check your eligibility: Carefully review the eligibility requirements for your chosen grant. Ensure you meet all the criteria before proceeding with the application.
- Gather required documents: Each grant application may require specific documentation as proof of identity, income, residency, etc. Refer to the individual grant page for a complete list of required documents.
- Create a SASSA account: If you haven’t already, create a secure account on the SASSA website. This is necessary for online applications and grant status tracking.
- Start the online application: Navigate to the “Apply Online” section for your chosen grant and begin the application process. Carefully fill out all sections with accurate information and upload any required documents.
- Submit your application: Once you’ve completed all sections and uploaded documents, review your application thoroughly and submit it electronically.