SASSA SRD R350 for people who earn less than R624 per month.
A proposal was made to increase the maximum monthly income for the applicant of SASSA SRD R350 .
The Minister of social development Lindiwe Zulu proposed that the new maximum income for applicant to qualify should be at most R624 .
If this proposal is accepted it might give a chance for those earning the R480 child support Grant to also qualify for Srd R350.
The maximum monthly income of less than R350 has excluded many and the new proposed amount might include many.
The poverty line set by statistics South Africa is R624 , so the minister proposal is in line with it.
Now that it is time for updating the screening questions, if your monthly income is more than R350 but less than R624 , be prepared for the good news soon , but not yet .
About SASSA Application Reconfirmation, Why do you have to reconfirm SASSA SRD Application?
At the moment SASSA want everyone to reconfirm their SRD R350 at-least once in every 3 month , this way they will know that you still need the money and you still do not have any source of income of more than R350 according to current rules governing SRD.
For those who qualify but declined with the monthly income of less than R350 , you can still appeal .
- Go to sassa Appeal website
- Press the green button written ‘click here to lodge an appeal or check appeal status’
- Type your ID number.
- Type your cellphone number.
- Press ‘send pin’ and wait for SMS with the verification pin.
- Type the pin and Press ‘submit’
- Choose the month you are submitting an appeal for
- Press the drop down arrow and choose the reason for your appeal
- Press ‘submit’
Also read : How to Reconfirm SASSA SRD R350 at srd.sassa.gov.za