Recently, Minister Lindiwe Zulu increased the Sassa social grants. Here is how much Sassa beneficiaries will receive in June 2023.
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) provides monthly social grants to assist millions of South Africans cover their living expenses. These beneficiaries need to meet the application requirements to continue receiving their monthly grants.
The Minister of Social Development, Lindiwe Zulu, has increased the Sassa social grants. The Minister of Finance approved these increases.
Beneficiaries will receive the following amounts in June 2023:
- Older Persons grant – R2 080
- Older Persons 75 years+ (including additional payment) – R2 080 + R20
- Disability grant – R2 080
- War Veteran’s grant (including additional payment) – R2 080 + R20
- Child Support grant – R500
- Child Support grant (Top-up) – R500 + R250
- Care Dependency grant – R2 080
- Foster Care grant – R1 120
- Grant-In-Aid – R500
As of April 2023, these social grants were increased by at least 5%. The social grants will increase by R10, on 1 October 2023.
Sassa grant recipients are reminded that they are not pressured to collect their grant payments as soon as it becomes available. Grant payments remain in their accounts until they decide to withdraw it.
When beneficiaries withdraw their grant payments later in the month it allows them to avoid the long queues outside paypoints. Paypoints include ATMs and retail stores.
The following retail stores act as social grant paypoints:
- Pick n Pay
- Selected OK Foods Supermarkets