What To Do If You Have No Payment Date For SRD Grant

This is what you can do if you have been approved for the Social Relief of Distress grant but have not yet received your payment. Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant recipients who chose the cash send payment method and have no payment dates have been advised to provide their banking details on the Sassa website.

What To Do If You Have No Payment

Date For SRD Grant
The failure of their mobile number verification may lead to them not having a payment date.Beneficiaries should provide their own banking details, since grants will not be paid into another person’s account. The purpose of this is to make sure that the grant payment goes to the right person and to prevent fraud. Beneficiaries must have a mobile number registered in their name on which they receive SMS notifications.Due to Sassa’s policy, grants cannot be paid to a mobile
number registered to another person. If beneficiaries have not received their vouchers from the bank they selected despite choosing the cash send payment method, they should contact the bank they chose. According to Sassa, these beneficiaries can also contact their bank if they have mistakenly deleted the voucher message so that the bank can resend it.

For cash send inquiries, here are the bank’s contact numbers

ABSA- 0 800 000 122
TYME BANK- 0860 999 119
NEDBANK- 0 800 555 111

FNB- 0875 759 405
Standard Bank- 0860 466 639

R350 grant recipients can collect their grant payments at the following locations

Personal bank accounts
Pick n Pay
Boxer Stores
Selected OK Foods Supermarkets.

In a reminder to beneficiaries, Sassa reminds them that their grants will remain in their accounts until needed, so they don’t have to collect them when they are available. The SRD grant is provided to South African citizens, refugees, asylum seekers, and special permit holders who are between the ages of 18 and 60 years old have insufficient means, do not receive social grants on their behalf, do not qualify for or do not contribute to the UIF payment, or do not have other financial support.