We have some exciting news to share with recipients of the South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) Child Grant.Finance Minister Enoch Godongwana announced in the 2023 Budget Speech that the Child Grant will be increased by R20 in May 2023, and an additional R10 in October 2023.
In May 2023, applicants will receive R500 per child per month, and in October 2023, R510 per child per month. Families who rely on the Child Grant to provide for their children’s basic needs are thrilled by this news.
South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) grant payment collections are approaching, so beneficiaries are taking note of the upcoming Sassa grant payment dates. The Sassa grant payment schedule was recently revised by Sassa.
Friday morning saw Sassa release a statement which read:
- The South African Social Security Agency (SASSA) would like to notify all social grant recipients of critical changes which have been made to the payment schedule for May 2023.
Sassa Makes Changes To May 2023 Grant Payment Dates
The latest Sassa grant payment schedule for May is as follows:
- Older Persons Grants: 4 May 2023
- Disability Grants: 5 May 2023
- Children’s Grants: 8 May 2023
Since Sassa previously announced the Sassa grant payment dates for 2023/24, they have made it clear that these are the only changes taking place at the moment.Adding further, Sassa said, “In the event of any changes to the payment schedule, Sassa will communicate accordingly.”
Beneficiaries have been urged to use their Sassa cards instead of withdrawing all their funds. Sassa has also stated that beneficiaries should not rush to withdraw their money.
- “Furthermore, social grant recipients are asked to be patient and not rush to withdraw their money from their accounts. Money will remain in their accounts until they are ready to withdraw,” reads the statement.
In the event that beneficiaries are unable to withdraw funds during the first few days after Sassa grant payments are released, Sassa has assured them that their Sassa grant funding will always be available.In their statement, the agency apologized for any inconvenience or frustration these changes may have caused.