The NSFAS applications have officially closed. Students are now encouraged to track their applications.
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a bursary provided by the government. Disadvantaged South African students who wish to study at public universities or Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) Colleges are eligible for funding.
Students who have applied for funding are encouraged to check their application status. This may be done online via the student’s myNSFAS account, WhatsApp and USSD.
How To Check NSFAS Status:
- Visit the NSFAS website.
- Click the myNSFAS button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter your username and password.
- Select the “I’m not a robot” box.
- Log in to your account.
- Scroll down to “Application Tracker”.
- Select “View Applications”.
- Click “Track Application”.
Students will be able to see the progress of their application.
- Add +27 (78) 519 8006 to your contacts.
- Send the number a message.
- Receive application status.
- Dial *120*67327#.
- Type 1 and select “send” to track your application status.
- Enter your National ID number.
- You will receive an OTP (one-time pin) to your phone number and email address.
- Enter the OTP and follow the steps to track your application status.